Skills21 reserves the rights to determine the appropriateness of any project submitted to Expo Fest. If a topic or project name show possible signs of controversy we will ask for written approval from both the school principal and district superintendent to showcase the subject matter at Expo Fest.
May 20th - Launchpad Profiles, Project Reels, Big Bang and Big Pitch Due!!!
2019 'What If?' Challenge
Create and implement a new physical or digital product, service, artifact, or community action campaign that addresses the overall Expo Fest theme of What If? Teams will:
- Identify a problem that will be addressed by the project idea.
- Investigate the topic via research, development, experiment or testing method, and data analysis.
- Develop an innovative solution (product, service, or community action) that addresses the problem.
- Demonstrate application of the solution with experimentation and/or prototype.
- Showcase the project via a professional exhibition booth and presentation at Expo Fest on May 31st & June 1st, 2019.
Team projects will be judged by academia and professionals in the following areas:
- Project Idea Viability & Creativity
- Evidence of Theme: Fresh Perspectives
- Research & Development
- Mathematical Thinking
- Written Documentation
- Online Presence: Website & Social Media
- Marketing & Image